The University of Texas football team continues to add to its future schedules, most recently locking down additional non-conference games for the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons. In addition, Mack Brown & Co. have been tweaking the conference schedule, similar to the 2009-2010 season when the ‘Horns faced Texas Tech in the third game and had a non-conference game later in the season.
Other notable schedule tweaks/commitments, include:
- The ‘Horns will play their first game of the 2010 season on the road (the first time since 1995), against Rice, at Reliant Stadium in Houston.
- The game against Texas Tech, in Lubbock, has been moved to September 18, 2010, for TV purposes. Thus, Texas will play Florida Atlantic (originally scheduled for that date) to November 20, 2010.
- For 2010, the Longhorns will have a second straight season without a bye week prior to the Texas A&M game.
- For the next two years (2010, 2011), the Texas A&M game will occur on Thanksgiving.
- Texas will face UCLA, in Los Angeles, on September 17, 2011 – a week after the BYU game.
- Texas will face Mississippi, in Oxford, on September 15, 2012 – a week after the UTEP game.
- The Longhorns have one more open date during the 2012 season that they are looking to secure a team to play.
The Longhorns full schedule, for 2010 and future seasons (as they stand today), can be found here.